Whether you are looking into implementing an ergonomic solution in order to move rolls, barrels or another item; there are a wide variety of different benefits that you can gain by implementing an ergonomic solution.
Many companies are integrating ergonomics as deeply as possible into their daily operations because they already understand the benefits that can be received from these devices. From reducing workers compensation and health care costs to improving productivity the number of benefits you can receive from implementing an ergonomic solution are practically limitless.
Let’s discuss the Top 5 benefits of implementing a strong workplace ergonomic process:
(1) Reducing Costs: when you start to systematically reduce the number of ergonomic risk factors that are present in your business you are able to prevent costly injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. An interesting fact to keep in mind is that indirect costs caused by injuries can be up to twenty times the cost of the direct cost of an injury.
(2) Improved Productivity: often time’s people install an ergonomic solution for improving productivity in mind. These material handling devices allow workers to maintain a better posture, reduce exertion, require fewer motions and allow them to work at heights that are better suited to their bodies. All of these points lead to one distinctive conclusion… better productivity.
(3) Improved Quality: when you have poor ergonomics within your business your employees are unable to work their best throughout the day. This leads to poor production levels and poor workmanship, which will affect the overall quality of the products/services you are trying to provide.
(4) Improved Employee Engagement: Employees cannot help but notice when a company is putting forth their best efforts in order to ensure their health and safety. When an employee does not feel fatigue and discomfort during the workday, it can help to reduce the amount of employee turnover, decrease absenteeism, improve morale and increase overall employee involvement within the company.
(5) Improved Safety Culture: We have spoken about the importance of forming and nurturing a safety culture within your business in previous blog posts, and implementing ergonomics within your business is one of the ways you can do this. When you implement an ergonomic solution such as a roll handling unit or a drum and barrel handling unit it shows that your company has made the health and safety of its employees one of its core values. Healthy employees are one of your most valuable assets; they are the ones you have to depend upon in order to keep your company moving, and by creating a strong health and safety culture within your company you will be able to lead your workers into performing better for your organization.
Reduced costs, improved productivity, improved quality, better employee engagement and cultivating a safety culture; are just some of the most important reasons why people invest in creating an ergonomic material handling solution. When you create a workplace built with ergonomics in mind you are ensuring the health and safety of your employees which in turn creates a safety culture, which leads to improved employee engagement, causing employees to call into work “sick” less, which then, in turn, leads to better quality products and improved productivity. These are just the tip of the iceberg concerning the number of different benefits you can receive from implementing an ergonomic material handling solution into your workplace, with new and unique benefits occurring for each business that implements one.
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below!